Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Polar Express




This is my MOST FAVORITE thing we have ever done!  The Polar Express is one of my favorie books, and we made it come alive!  As you can see, we started with the engine at one end of the hall.  Our principal was the conductor!  The kids loved that!  Then we made three cars, one for junior kindergarten, one for kindergarten, and one for first grade!  We added every child's picture to look like they were riding on the train!  You should have seen their faces when they saw the train for the first time...PRICELESS!!   Under each child's picture is a bell with student writing on it.  We also had a Polar Express Day!  The students wore their pajamas.  In the morning, we rotated between our six classes and each teacher had a different activity planned revolving around The Polar Express.  We focused on math skills, social studies, reading, etc.  One activity was, of course, reading the book.  After lunch, we watched the movie!  It was a fantastic day!  I wish I had a picture of one of the cars without kids in front of it, but I don't, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this! It was a complete transformation of the hallway.

    ReplyDelete